Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I do if I lost my key?
Should you lose your key and need your lock removed, please print the Authorization to Cut Lock form , complete the required information, and fax it to 573-335-9988, or return it by mail. For further assistance, contact us at 1-573-335-9988.
2. Who has access to my storage space?
You are the only one with access to your space. You lock it - you keep the key.
3. What do I need to do when I move out?
Please notify us 15 days in advance of your planned vacate date. When you're finished with the space, all we ask is that it's completely empty and your lock is removed, so you won't be charged further rent. If we find your space vacant and unlocked, we will assume you have already moved out.
4. Do you sell moving & packing supplies?
Yes, we do sell moving and packing supplies.
5. Why am I still being charged for a space that I've vacated?
There are two reasons: your space was found locked after your planned vacate date OR your space is still occupied with some of your belongings. If you believe there is an error in your billing, please contact us by phone.
6. What happens if I leave items in my space that I don't want?
A Release of Renter's Interest form must be signed and returned by mail. The minimum clean-out fee is $25.
7. What is the easiest way to pay my bill?
Our Auto Pay option is the easiest way. No more check writing. No more postage. No late payments. Payments are on time, every time.
8. Why don't I receive a monthly statement in the mail?
We do not provide paper bills free of charge. You may provide us with your email address and we'll send you a complimentary e-statement each month.
9. Why am I not receiving e-statements?
We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with our e-statement system. We rarely experience the problem you are having and we appreciate your patience while we work through it.
Please send an email to email@example.com include your account number and email address. We will try to resend your current e-statement to you. To prevent this from happening again, please add to rent@aardvarkstoragesystems,com to your preferred or accepted email list or address book. If you still do not receive the e-statement, please check to see that it isn't being redirected to your "deleted" or "junk mail" folders.
10. Does Aardvark Storage Systems insure my belongings?
No, Aardvark Storage Systems does not carry any insurance for your personal property. We don't require insurance, but it's highly recommended. If your belongings are worth storing, they're worth insuring. Aardvark Storage Systems does offer Safe Stor insurance for it’s customers.
11. Do you provide locks?
We do provide locks, however, you have the choice of using your own lock or purchasing one of ours.
12. What is the minimum rental commitment?
Aardvark Storage Systems has a one-month minimum rental commitment. All spaces operate as month-to-month rentals; however, you can "move out" whenever you want provided you give notification during your last month of occupancy.
13. What are your rates?
Our rates vary depending on size and the type of storage needed (conventional, temperature controlled or outside parking). Our Self Storage Specialists at 1-573-335-9988 will help you determine the appropriate size space, most suitable to fit your needs and budget.
14. What kind of information is needed to rent a storage space?
To rent a space with Aardvark Storage Systems, a Self Storage Specialist will need the following:
To speak with the person who will be responsible for payments on the account (the person whose name is on the account)
• Mailing address / e-mail address
• Two phone numbers
• Date of birth
• Drivers License info
• Alternate contact & phone number
• 1st month's rent payment (payable by phone with credit/debit card, check or cash) and 25.00 deposit.
15. How long will it take to complete my rental transaction?
On average, it takes less than ten minutes to set up your entire account. Once you hang up the phone, you can move into your space immediately.
16. What are your hours of operation?
• Customer Service: M-F 10:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm or gladly by appointment.
• Weekends by appointment only.
• Access 24 hours a day – 7 days a week